Saturday, September 15, 2012

September Art Philosophy Blog Hop



Hello! Welcome to our September Art Philosophy Blog Hop!  Each month we will showcase our amazing Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge which can be purchased exclusively through a Close to My Heart Independent Consultant.

Since Halloween is just around the corner, this month we will be featuring projects for Halloween made using the Art  Philosophy Cricut cartridge!  Hope you don’t get too scared by the time you get to the end of our hop!

If you came from Wendy Kessler's blog ~ http://MyScrapbookingBlog.com you are in the right place.
If you just happened to come to my blog, you can follow it around until you get back or you can start at the beginning at Lucy's blog - http://www.love2createitall.com. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit us all! We all really appreciate it.

My project is ...

Spider and Candy Boxes



I wanted to think outside the box and try to create something for Halloween from items that weren't all that Halloween. I could have made a card or just the candy boxes but I wanted a fun challenge for myself and I think I did alright with it. I made a Spider using the Art Philosophy cartridge. I cut the square doily from page 66 - font layer (shift) for the spider's body and then the border from page 65 - font layer (no shift) for the legs. His eyes are just black circles on white, then colored with a green metallic marker. The mouth - (LOL) - is 4 commas (2 red, 2 black) and a black 8 with the circles removed. The red is supposed to be blood. I outlined it all in the same green metallic marker to make it more noticeable.





I also created some candy boxes using the box from the Art Philosophy cartridge page 28, font layer (shift). These are small boxes. Just a bit over 2.5"h when measured from the middle of the boxes when they are folded. I wrapped them with more of the border that I used in my spider above and added a tag (also from the AP cart, page 43 <square> with a Halloween image from the October 31st cartridge. I made a bunch of these candy boxes using random Halloween papers from my paper stash and plan on sending them to school with my kids.




Since I thought of putting a candle in the middle of my Spider for fun, I found this caramel spice candle and lit it up to see what my spider could look like in the dark!! Pretty spooky to me....  

Well that's my project for this September Art Philosophy Blog Hop! Have a great day!!

Please continue on to the next person in this Blog Hop: Kindred Hearts, [http://itmakestotalcents.blogspot.com/]

Carolyn Mendoza - http://www.craftingwithcarolyn.blogspot.com   <~~~ You Are Here.

18 comments:

  1. Eeeeeeek! A big, hairy spider! What an awesome and creative idea--great job on the candle decor...and love those colors on the boxes! Home run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative n spooky. Love te boxes to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with your spider! Fun and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is sooo stinking cute...love your spider and your boxes..Great job thinking outside the box

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok I cant get enough of your Spider!!!!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That spider is FANTASTIC!!! Wow!! You did an amazing job on this Carolyn! The pillow boxes are great too... but that spider.. LOVE it!! I will definitely be trying this one out myself. Thansk for joining in the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable. Love it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! I love the spider!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are so adorable. You do such a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very unexpected, creative and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girly U really out did yourself.. Awesome....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love your spider. He is very scarey. Also loved your candy boxes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was so inspired by your spider I made one!! I used the 8 for the eye and didn't put a mouth-it was late and I wanted to get done:) but it looks good. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love making the pillow boxes! They are easy and fun to make. I love what you did with yours! Love them! Great Job!!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous job on your spider...very creative! Your pillow boxes are great too! Thanks for sharing these ideas with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments!